Monday, July 11, 2011

The End of the World Guy

Yes I said it...The end of the world guy. Now picture this; every time you walk out the door you know that he is going to appear out of no where, he has a big white beard, and a distinct foot shuffling walk, you can see him coming from a block away and as he appears in your path he is going to ask you the same question he asked you yesterday and the day before and last week and last month and last year "Sir please can you spare some change for the homeless today so we can get a sandwich? Please sir Please". To me in the beginning I would always say to Shane oh give him some change but day after day he would continue to appear sadly not recognizing that he had asked you for change the day prior or even the hour prior. It got to the point where I was starting to feel that we were in the movie "Ground Hog Day" and I was reliving the same day over and over. Then one day I decided to give him a name "The end of the world guy" because every time I see him now I expect him to be standing on the street corner holding a sign saying "The End of the World is here".

No comments:

Post a Comment