Prior to moving here I was told "your going to love it there", "San Francisco is the perfect city for you", "Your going to fit right in" and I get here and discover that this is a beautiful city but its filled with crazy people which makes me think that everyone thinks I'm crazy.
San Francisco can be very overwhelming from a small town Nebraska girls perspective; from tall buildings to the realization that you are living on a constantly moving and shifting piece of land where you feel that the only thing holding it to the rest of the US are threads....the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge. Don't get me wrong it has its beauty from the amazing bridges, to the Embarcadero, to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 to the De Young Museum the trolley and I could go on. From bums on the corner to street performers there is never a dull moment. I often times find myself hiding out in our apartment to create and escape the insanity outside but to be honest San Francisco is actually starting to grow on me. The more we get out and explore and the more I venture out on my own and have to walk a mile to the Post Office and the Bank (no joke a mile one way) I'm starting to see this city in a different light. Maybe its because the bus and car exhaust is starting to get to me (I often feel like I'm sucking on a tale pipe) or maybe its the fact that my eyes are opening up to my surroundings and its time to try to see the beauty of the city life and embrace it.

No comments:
Post a Comment