While learning how to get around in this big city it is hard to use buildings as landmarks unless they have very notable characteristics. The second issue is you also have to watch your footing as you take each step because you are on the look out for "landmines". Landmines: aka droppings, aka feces, aka poop and I'm not talking from animals. Then on top of "landmines" you also have to be mindful of the "water" on the sidewalk because its more often than not there because someone decided to dump out their remaining cup of coffee or say to wash off the sidewalk. You certainly don't want to let your children splash in these puddles. Now I'm not saying that all of San Francisco is this way but you know your close to the Tenderloin when you start to see and smell the very distinctive trail. But this isnt always a bad thing...at least I can find my way home.
This blurb was inspired by Shane's mom who came to visit and pointed out that she felt like we were Hansel and Grettal following the trail of bread crumbs home....but they weren't bread crumbs. It is also inspired by Shane's intrigue on trying to figure out how gravity works in many of the instances that he has found "landmines" 5 feet up a wall. Stay tuned because I know he will be sharing these law defying pictures for everyone's viewing pleasure.
Note to self: This is not a city for Flip Flops.
Car
No comments:
Post a Comment